About The Company
Tasker Insurance Group is a fast paced, growing business that is looking for talented and passionate people to join us at every level of the organisation, be that within Gresham, our MGA underwriting business, Tasker & Partners, our Lloyd’s broker, or Tasker Insurance Brokers, our retail broking business. This role is based in the London branch of Tasker Insurance Brokers.
Purpose of the Role
This role is to work alongside and support the Account Director of the London retail team in providing risk management and insurance advice to his clients, leveraging our outstanding market relationships and in so doing developing and growing the number of clients serviced to help achieve the organisational growth aspirations. This is a client focused role and requires the delivery of excellent client service within the commercial and regulatory framework set by the Group. The Account Director’s clients, many of which are longstanding, range from SME to large Corporates and the ability to communicate with them at all levels is essential. They are used to an exceptional level of service when dealing with the Account Director, whether in relation to new cover requirements, renewals, mid-term adjustments or claims assistance. Applicants must have excellent communication and written skills with a keen eye for detail together with a good level of technical knowledge in the type of insurance contracts dealt with.
In accordance with the requirements of the Account Director in relation to his book of business;
- Supporting the Account Director with retention and growth
- Proactively handling new business enquiries by understanding the client’s needs, making recommendations and obtaining competitive quotes from appropriate insurers.
- Proactively working with existing clients, throughout the year as appropriate, to ensure their insurance requirements are understood and met.
- Drawing up detailed presentations and submitting to the market to obtain the most appropriate cover at the best terms.
- Building and developing long term sustainable relationships with clients and underwriters.
- Communicate proactively, confidently and in a timely fashion with clients throughout the year.
- Making outgoing telephone calls to existing and prospective clients, where required, to develop the business and achieve growth.
- Arranging and conducting face to face meetings with clients, where appropriate.
- Ensure adherence to the Group’s systems and procedures at all times.
- Ensure adherence to the Group’s compliance framework at all times.
- Respond promptly to client queries and ensure that all communications with clients and/or insurers or other business contacts are accurately recorded (in writing).
- Undertake any task that the Account Director reasonably requests.
Skills & Knowledge
- Be able to work closely under the direction of the Account Director to fulfil the needs of his clients.
- Be able to prioritise and organise own workload to ensure that deadlines are adhered to, particularly when the Account Director is unavailable.
- Be able to liaise with colleagues and work supportively and jointly when appropriate.
- Be able to develop and sustain relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Demonstrate confident and effective written and verbal communication skills, including negotiating with underwriters.
- Use good interpersonal skills, including questioning and listening.
- Use judgement and experience of insurance matters to know when to seek help or advice from the Account Director or any other more senior person within the business.
- Be able to work under pressure and to deadlines when required.
- Good organisational skills.
- Appropriate insurance technical knowledge with at least 5 years’ experience of Commercial insurance.
- Achievement of insurance and risk management qualifications in line with the technical requirements of the role.
- An appropriate understanding of relevant insurance broking systems.
- A good standard of computer literacy including the use of Microsoft Office.
This will consist of:
- Salary up to £35,000 according to experience.
- Performance related bonus scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
- Membership of Group Death in Service plan. *
- Membership of Group Income Protection plan. *
- Workplace Pension Scheme.
- 3 months probationary period.
* Upon completion of probationary period.