About The Company
The Tasker Insurance Group is a fast paced, growing business that is looking for talented and passionate people to join us at every level of the organisation, be that within Gresham, our MGA underwriting business, Tasker & Partners, our Lloyd’s broker, or Tasker Insurance, our retail broking business.
Whether you are just starting out in your career or are well established in your field, if you are looking to join a dynamic team with a real sense of purpose and clarity of direction then leave your details below and we will get back to you.
Purpose of the Role
The role of Commercial Account Handler is to work with the Branch Director and Account Executives to deliver excellent client service levels to both new and existing clients, leveraging our outstanding market relationships and in so doing developing and growing the number of clients serviced to help achieve the organisational growth aspirations. This is a service-based role and requires the delivery of excellent client service within the commercial and regulatory framework set by the Group. Applicants must have excellent communication and written skills with a keen eye for detail, together with a good level of technical knowledge in the type of insurance contracts dealt with.
- Handling renewals and mid term adjustments by assessing the risk and claims information held on file, taking additional information from clients and obtaining quotes from insurers.
- Putting forward renewal quotes to clients and chasing for instructions with a view to achieving a retention level of at least 85% (or at a higher level which the Group may demand from time to time) within the timescales set down by the Group.
- Dealing with mid-term adjustments by writing to insurers or inputting the details on the insurers’ extranet systems as soon as they are received to ensure cover is in place in the required timescale/immediately.
- Check documentation from insurers to ensure any no errors or omissions are corrected prior to issue to clients.
- Develop and sustain relationships with clients.
- Demonstrate confident and efficient telephone skills.
- Effectively analyse client needs and develop solutions.
- Making outgoing telephone calls to existing clients and insurers
- Ensure adherence to the Group’s systems and procedures at all times.
- Ensure adherence to the Group’s compliance framework at all times.
- Respond promptly to client queries and ensure that all communications with clients and/or insurers or other business contacts are accurately recorded (in writing).
This job description is not exhaustive but is provided to assist the applicant to know what his/her main duties would be. It may be amended from time to time in line with the demands of working in a fast paced and dynamic company.
Skills & Knowledge
- Be able to prioritise and organise own workload to ensure that deadlines are adhered to.
- Be able to liaise with colleagues and work supportively and jointly when appropriate.
- Be able to develop and sustain relationships with both internal and external clients and contact.
- Demonstrate confident and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Use good interpersonal skills, including questioning and listening.
- Use judgement and experience of insurance matters to know when to seek help or advice from supervisor or senior colleague.
- Be able to work under pressure and to deadlines when required.
- Appropriate insurance technical knowledge, including achievement of insurance qualifications in line with the technical requirements of the role.
- An appropriate understanding of relevant insurance broking systems.
- A good standard of computer literacy including the use of Microsoft Office.
This will consist of:
• Salary dependent on the role
• 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
• Membership of Group Death in Service plan.*
• Membership of Group Income Protection plan.*
• Workplace Pension Scheme.
• 3 months probationary period.
* Upon completion of probationary period.