About The Company
Tasker Insurance Group is a group of insurance intermediaries incorporating: Tasker and Partners, a Lloyd’s broker; Gresham Underwriting, an MGA; Tasker Insurance Brokers, retail brokers. The Group places over £40m of premiums and trades from three offices in Kent, London and Manchester. Backed by Alcuin Capital, there is an ambitions strategy to grow the business both organically and by acquisition.
Purpose of the Role
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and supervising a team of 5 based in our Dartford office, the successful applicant will be responsible for all aspects of the IBA accounts.
- Management and oversight of a growing Retail and Wholesale IBA Finance team based in Dartford
- Management and oversight of IBA accounts for retail, wholesale, Lloyds London Market and MGA operations
- Oversight of insurer bordereaux and 3rd party broker statements processes
- Control and reconciliation of aged debt, insurer creditors and IBA bank accounts
- Production and oversight of monthly Client Money Calculations
- Production of monthly IBA board reports including but not limited to Trial Balance, Brokerage Transacted and Earned, Aged Debt, and Unallocated Cash
- End to end process review of existing IBA procedures, revising, re-issuing and working with the business to implement changes where required
- Documenting processes and procedures
- Integration of acquired businesses IBA accounts into Group processes
- Supporting the Operations team with platform software releases, upgrades and migrations providing input to the planning process and taking ownership of end-user testing for the IBA team
- Other ad-hoc requests and project work as agreed with the CFO and Operations
Skills & Knowledge
- Proven track record in IBA Credit Control and account management
- Previous experience in a senior position within an IBA department
- Experience of supervising staff
- Lloyds London Market experience desirable
- Previous experience of OpenGI Broking and Brokasure would be advantageous
- Understanding of the insurance market and accounting processes within this field – experience of both Retail and Commercial IBA would be preferred
- Numerate and proficient in the use of Excel
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail, accurate and highly numerate
- Highly organised and disciplined
- Able to work as part of a dynamic team in a fast-paced environment
- Highly motivated and solution focused
- Accustomed to working ‘hands on‘ to support colleagues and capable of working tactically to ensure efficient practices.
This will consist of:
• Salary dependent on the role
• 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays.
• Membership of Group Death in Service plan.*
• Membership of Group Income Protection plan.*
• Workplace Pension Scheme.
• 3 months probationary period.
* Upon completion of probationary period.